Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Ale

One of the better things in England is of course the Ale. The local store has a shelf full of different kinds. Maybe I'll take a camera next time and add a picture to this post. So far I have tried:
Fursty Ferret
Old Speckled Hen
Black Sheep Ale
Wadworth 6X
Marston's Old Empire
John Willies
Courage Directors (if you can find a link, feel free to leave it in the comments).
And some that I can't remember (is that a bad sign?). Actually, I only recently started deciding to log the ales that I tried. I'll try and write some brilliant words about the ales that I drink as I try them. Right now, I can say that Black Sheep Ale has been the best, hands down. I've had two bottles just to be sure, and I was right. Really, if you can find some Black Sheep Ale, try it. RateBeer agrees with me.

Of course, I've also had several cans of Guinness (what I'm drinking as I write this), but that's not an ale.

In the fridge I have Hobgoblin, Duchy Originals Organic, and Black Sheep Riggwelter (they got the first one right!). I'll let you know how they go.

Ale comes in 500ml (about 17 fl.oz.) bottles over here. Around $3-4 a bottle. I usually drink about half with dinner, and the other half after the kids go to bed since I hate to pour it out, and I don't trust it to keep overnight. So, come across the pond and I'll happily share a bottle with you.

On a separate topic, I think we might go camping in the Lake District next week. We'll take lots of photos and put the better ones up on Flickr.

No comments: