Sunday, May 25, 2008

Backpacking

I was planning on going backpacking next weekend. So far two potential camping mates have bailed out on me. Does anybody want to go backpacking? You'll need a backpack and a sleeping bag, but that's about it. Everything else I have. I may take the girl if no one else wants to go. I made a trip to REI today to get the last bit of kit that I would need. I'm itching to go before it gets insanely hot here. The tentative plan is a moderate 5 mile hike in and out. Ten miles total over two days. You barely have to be in shape for that. C'mon, join me in ditching the world. If your up for a longer treck, I'm more than happy to do a 25 mile loop or out-and-back on the Ozark Trail.

My brother in law got me The Orange Box. Portal is of course genius and I'm working on the Bonus maps now and then. However, TF2 is sucking away my free time. Damn him. I suck, but I have loads of fun. I manage to stay alive for about two minutes on average. I tend to average probably just over 1 kill per life, so I guess I'm causing more harm then I'm taking. Right now I'm trying to get better at rocket jumping. I tried being a spy for all of about 30 seconds.

We are switching to AT&T U-verse. From the reviews that I am reading online, I think I'll be happy with the switch. Especially getting better bandwidth. I also signed up for the HD package. Although from what I read, it's a highly compressed lower bandwidth version of HD that isn't as good as other providers. It's $10/month, but if it sucks I can drop it.

No comments: